Can you claim exemption u/s 54 or 54F for constructing house on land owned by wife?

Print Friendly

Capital gains exemption can be claimed u/s 54 or 54F if the sales consideration  is invested in buying the house or constructing the house . It does not matter if the land  on which construction is done is owned by spouse. This is what karnataka High court said in the deicision in case of  CIT and Anr….

About Prashant Thakur
The author has spent twenty years with Income Tax department and desire to service common citizen of India which include professionals like tax practioners ,CA,ICMA, CS and tax lawyers by advising them on the direct tax matters for a very affordable fee.

Comments are closed.