Log in to http://www.meficai.org/login-step-1.jsp .Last date for submission of applications on the website www.meficai.org is 27th August, 2011.(5.30 P.M.). The information filled in by the applicant in MEF can be edited/modified any number of times before online submission of MEF.
- Unique Code Number (UCN) is allotted by the Institute. UCN is very important because it facilitates in compiling the applicants’ bank audit experience. Therefore, an applicant must ensure that correct UCN appears in the MEF.
- Old applicant practising in individual name should continue to use the same UCN in case he forms a sole proprietary concern.
- Members may note that experience in capacity, as articled/audit assistant or paid employee/assistant should not be added in experience columns’ to be mentioned in Questions of MEF.
- In case the applicant was appointed as Central/Branch Statutory Auditor of a Public Sector Bank in the previous financial year, the following may be noted to avoid conflict of interest:
- a.Don’t associate with the same Bank (of which the applicant is appointed as statutory auditor) or any of its subsidiaries/associates, as concurrent/internal/ income and expenditure or revenue auditor/stock auditor/auditor of borrowers accounts.
- b. Don’t take a loan (including outstanding on credit card) from/give a guarantee to a loan from the same Bank (of which the applicant is appointed as statutory auditor) or any of its subsidiaries/associates.
- c. Don’t accept the position of a Director on the Board of the same Bank (of which the applicant is appointed as statutory auditor) or any of its subsidiaries/ associates.
5. If an applicant has done audit of two or more than two entities or Statutory Central and/or as well as branch audit of a Bank for the same year, then it should be counted as one year experience only, while filling-up various entries in the form.
SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS
A hard copy of the Declaration duly signed by all partners/ proprietor/ member practising in individual name accompanied by a print of the e-mail acknowledging submission of MEF must be sent to ICAI by courier/speed post/hand delivery at the following address in an envelope superscribed with “DECLARATION FOR MEF 2011-12” so as to reach on or before 9th September, 2011.
Professional Development Committee
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
ICAI Bhawan, Indraprastha Marg
New Delhi – 110 002
Receipt of hard copy of the Declaration will not be individually acknowledged. The same will be displayed on the website mentioning MEF number within 15 days of receipt of the Declaration. Declarations will then be verified for completeness and correctness and discrepancy(ies), if any, will be intimated to the applicant by email.