Q 271. Other than appellate remedy, is there any other recourse available to the taxpayer against a summary assessment order?


Ans. A taxable person against whom a summary assessment order has been passed can apply for its withdrawal to the jurisdictional Additional/Joint Commissioner within thirty days of the date of receipt of the order. If the said officer finds the order erroneous, he can withdraw it and direct the proper officer to carry out determination…

This content is for annual members only.

Log In Register