Q 289. Suppose a taxable person has paid IGST/ CGST/SGST mistakenly as an Interstate/intrastate supply, but the nature of which is subsequently clarified. Can the CGST/SGST be adjusted against wrongly paid IGST or vice versa?

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

  Ans.  No. He will have to pay the appropriate tax and claim refund of the tax wrongly paid. (IGST Sec.30 and Sec.53 GST).   [ As per FAQ on GST published by NACEN ]     136…

This content is for annual and Semi Annual members only.
Log In Register