What Should be Done In Case You Receive Refund Less Than Claimed?

I am an NRI from US. My only income in India is from House Property. My father is 75 years.; has filed my IT Return as Representative Assessee.He is not well. For AY 2008-09:-. i. Income House Property: 1 Apr 2007 to 31 Mar 2008. Rs 2,20,000/- 2. Tax (House tax) Rs 10010/ 3. 30% (of 1-2)for House maint. Rs 62997/- 4. Interest paid on borrowed Capital Rs … [Read more...]

How Can I Get Income Tax Ombudsman Address ?

Central government , among many , new initiative to interact and better service to ordinary tax payers , have created the posts of ombudsman in some cities -New Delhi,Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad,Ahmedabad, Pune, Kanpur, Chandigarh, Bhopal and Kochi.etc......having wide territorial jurisdiction. The ombudsman are independent authority created to settle … [Read more...]

Will I Have to File Return For Rental Income in India and Pay Tax in India & USA Both?

I am an NRI and  USA citizen. I received house from  my father , after his death.I am getting some rental income from this house . D I have to file income tax return or I can show this income in my USA return.Do I need a PAN ? If yes, how to apply? PLEASE HELP RAVI RAJ, New YorkThere is Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement between India and USA.  Article 6 … [Read more...]