Can I use capital gains earned on a property to construct 1st floor in my present house to avoid CG tax

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Yes , you can . The Income tax Act states that whoever , sales a residential house , long term capital gain can be exempt u/s 54 if he invests in “a residential house” as per the specified condition in Section 54 of the I T Act. The confusion is created because your construction on…

This content is for annual and Semi Annual members only.
Log In Register