I sold some shares gifted by my husband, but the A.O taxed my husband on those gains. Now the company annanoced Bonus.Will that also be clubbed ?


No, the Bonus received on the shares GIFTED to you by your husband can not be clubbed in his income because the bonus was never belonging to him.There are court ruling on this issue . You can refer CIT vs M P Birla [1983] 142ITR377 [Bombay High Court] CIT vs T Sarswathi 133 ITR 315

This content is for annual and Semi Annual members only.

Log In Register