No Penalty For Wrong PAN in The Return!


Contrary to general belief , in my opinion, there is no provision for imposing penalty for quoting wrong PAN in the Return of Income. This is what , I replied to a reader many months ago . Vikash Kumar , Banglore  asked this site as under :

I am a salaried person. At the time of filing Return I noticed that the PAN number, what I had given to Employer at the time of deduction, is not mine(2 digits are in either sequence). What will be the solution? Do I have to face some penalty for illegal action? Is there any way to get my return? 

This content is for annual members only.

Log In Register

Comments are closed.