Q 266. If a taxable person fails to file the return required under law (under section 27 or 31), what legal recourse is available to the tax officer?


Ans. The proper officer has to first issue a notice to the defaulting taxable person under section 32 of MGL requiring him to furnish the return within a specified period of time, which has to be a minimum of fifteen days as per section 46 of MGL. If the taxable person fails to file return…

This content is for annual and Semi Annual members only.

Log In Register