What is the procedure for transferreing the file from one jurisdiction to another or one city to another?


Under Income Tax law , the power of transfer of file is with the Commissioner of Income Tax u/s 127 of the I T Act. You write a letter to the CIT giving reasons for seeking transfer of file and the place , preferebaly the assessing officer Ward or commissioner where you want your files transferred. A copy of the letter should be marked to the CIT /ITO where you

This content is for annual members only.

Log In Register